Saturday, February 5, 2011

All Alone in Phoenix

Bob and Tom left yesterday morning at 10:30 for the races at Parker.  Bob was pretty excited about this trip.  He left with instructions to take a lot of pictures so he can produce a post for the blog.  Uncle Phil, Elsie, and I did some errands in Glendale and then stopped for fish for lunch.  Later on, Elsie had me over for a wonderful supper of linguine and meatballs (made from moose meat and very delicious!).  The weather warmed up a bit and that was great!

Today Phil and Elsie left for Parker early this morning.  Paula went to the Phoenix Open to meet up with some friends and spend the day.  So, I had a day to fill myself.  That wasn't too difficult!  I've finally been able to get some reading in.  This was one thing that had gone by the wayside pretty much in the past year.  I also did a good cleaning of the motorhome and some tax data updates on the computer.  As soon as I finished that, David texted and asked if I was available to Skype.  Good timing!  Uncle Dave had all of Brett's girls and Valentina over at his place.  It was a nice opportunity to briefly talk with the girls - they were pretty busy spending time together.  I sure love Skype - it helps bridge the missing of the family.

I also got a short walk in.  It's amazing but right here in the city are all sorts of animals!  We hear the rooster crowing early in the morning - he lives next door with some other animals.  There are many horses around here - yesterday we saw someone riding a horse down a main street in Glendale!  Here are a couple pictures of some local sites.


Do you know what this is?  (hint - there are only 3 letters in the name)

No comments:

Post a Comment