Have you heard the term "Short-Timer"? It is for someone who has only a short time left on their commitment to something. A co-worker had mentioned to me that some shortimers in the military displayed a chain where its length represented their time remaining. I put together a chain of paper clips and have removed a link each week.
Last week another co-worker asked about the chain, and I described how each link represented a remaining week.
Here is what I saw when I arrived on Monday morning:
Here is a closeup of the note at the top:
Doncha just love some people's idea of a JOKE?????
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Not a lot to report, and no photos for today's notes, but it is well past time to add something. The house is slowly getting emptier; just enough left to keep us living, eating, and sleeping there. The dining room table went to a new home on Sunday evening. Family Room furniture went to David's place about a week and a half ago.
Last weekend was busy:
Last weekend was busy:
- Friday evening we brought the motorhome out of storage.
- Saturday started with a visit with our realtor; picking up a free pumpkin and dropping our selling price once again.
- They had scheduled an Open House for later on Saturday, so we hooked up our "dinghy" and left for a baby shower for Katie (a niece) at her parents' place in Prior Lake.
- then a trip to the Blue Earth Co fairgrounds where we were the only campers on the property. (by the way, major flooding in Southern MN 2 weeks ago left Madelia's city campground closed for the season, and the County fairgrounds open with electric only, no sewer or water.)
- a pleasant afternoon at Paul's place (a brother) getting up to date on Mom's bills and other local activities.
- the evening was festive: Bob's 45th High School Reunion
- Sunday morning we returned home in the morning.
- followed by a potluck lunch where we first met many of the other volunteers we will be working with in Louisiana in January....a fun-loving and active group of people committed to serving others.
- late afternoon we raked and bagged the leaves from our front yard only. This is a job we won't miss in the future.
- We also cleaned the carpeting in the motorhome before taking it back to storage.