Wednesday, October 13, 2010

OFFICE HUMOR

Have you heard the term "Short-Timer"?  It is for someone who has only a short time left on their commitment to something.  A co-worker had mentioned to me that some shortimers in the military displayed a chain where its length represented their time remaining.  I put together a chain of paper clips and have removed a link each week.
 It has been hanging like this in my office for a month or so, gradually getting shorter.
Last week another co-worker asked about the chain, and I described how each link represented a remaining week.

Here is what I saw when I arrived on Monday morning:
A second chain has been added, which reaches to the floor where boxes of more than 1,000 more paper clips were attached.

Here is a closeup of the note at the top:

Doncha just love some people's idea of a JOKE?????

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just hate someone with an "evil" sense of humor? ;c)

    Great idea on the "Short Timer's Chain". I have not seen one in years. I better get one going, too!

    Thanks for visiting our blog, we'll have to keep in touch and see how your NOMAD projects go.

    Nice set up on your MH!

    ReplyDelete